HONESTLY GOOD DEVELOPMENT.
In an industry full of hot air and broken promises, it’s difficult to find the right people for your digital project.
It has become common practice for projects to run over budget, for developers to promise delivery but fail to meet original deadlines and for businesses to choose the cheapest option when the same buzzwords are being used in pitches.
This bad practice is eroding how people value and respect development companies and we’re not interested in contributing to this negative trend. We’re interested in developing projects that go beyond client intentions through realistic, reliable and genuine service provision.
WE BUILD INTUITIVE MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND WEBSITES THAT MAKE AN IMPACT.
Scotchegg is a digital development agency providing mobile apps and websites. Based in the technology sector of Digbeth Birmingham, our strong team are highly regarded both technically and creatively, developing interactive experiences that bring people together in and beyond the digital world
We build progressive and influential web projects to improve and maintain conversations between our clients and their audiences. With an investment in new wave UI design, we become experts in user experience to produce technology that enhances the way we live and participate digitally.
PHP / Laravel Developer
We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join an innovative and ambitious web and mobile application development agency in Digbeth, Birmingham.
The ideal candidate is somebody who enjoys the challenge and reward of full-stack web development.
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for 3+ years
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Hands on experience with mySQL schema and queries.
- Be comfortable gathering specifications and requirements through client and team meetings.
- Experience of creating website layout/user interface using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Experience of using APIs and data services
- A desire to stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
- BSc/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar relevant field
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Experience in Ionic Framework and Cordova, Magento and/or Wordpress.
Benefits and Company Perks
- Flexible working to support a productive and balanced week in a relaxed office environment.
- 25 days holiday p/a as standard. (Plus public holidays. 33 total)
- Hardware that can handle multiple Chrome tabs! (Mac or PC.)
- Surprise Starbucks coffees, cakes, pastries & fruit ;)
- Pool Tables, Dart boards and occasional Gaming Lunch times.
- Occasional dog-friendly office to calm people down after losing at Mario Kart.
- Large sheltered outdoor breakout space next to canals
- Proximity to all of Digbeth’s cafe’s, bars, bistros and entertainment.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements listed above, please submit a CV and cover note telling us why you believe you’re a good match. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location182 Fazeley Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 5SE.
Opening hoursMonday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Call us0121 753 2584
CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEE & JOB MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Built using progressive web app technology, this system is heavily engineered to facilitate workforce scheduling, construction timetables, reporting, and clear visibility of business operations to streamline management.CORE FUNCTIONALITY:
- Connects to third party data feeds to integrate information and provide job listings, finances and scheduling
- Job profitability calculations
- Detailed reports showing job history, user history, financial, and employee targets
VOLVO BUS AND COACH
Mobile Application with Wordpress CMS API.
Volvo are one of the worlds largest Bus and Coach manufacturers who required a new mobile application to showcase their new range of vehicles.
Supported on IOS and Android devices we developed a brochure mobile application featuring vehicle specifications, imagery and a nearest dealership locator tool. The application was required to connect to a familiar Wordpress CMS, which could be used to change the application content at any time without the need to to produce and release a new app version in app stores.
EVENT APPLICATION - THE ALTERNATIVE EVENTS APP
Thousands of local event posters together in one mobile application bringing venues, artists, promoters and performers together in one place;CORE FUNCTIONALITY:
- Geo-location shows local posters on a map
- Infinite scroll of event posters in masonry view
- Advanced search filters with event categories
- See live events happening right now
- Built in notifications straight to the device
- In-app ticket purchasing with links to sellers
- Save posters to a personal poster board for offline view
The words of ANDREW WILKINSON -
We've worked closely together and enjoyed a commercial, creative and powerful relationship which has provided many successes for our clients. The strength of the relationship is formed by Pete and Hayley's ability to produce amazing UX, web development, web marketing and online services.
Our relationship started from humble beginnings when Pete was recommended to us and we delivered a major project together for a key client. From there ScotchEgg worked with OWB supporting many digital projects and in 2010 we took the opportunity to actually join forces and work out the same offices in Digbeth to deliver a complete full service for our clients.
The team complements each other not only creatively, but we have different skill sets too. We enjoy a strong friendship. We enjoy working together. We're happy to share different commercial opportunities and ultimately we know that we'll both deliver and we'll both provide extensive services for clients and prospects.
We look forward to working with the guys at Scotch Egg for years to come and continue to develop a strong, agile partnership in all things Internet-based.
AN INTERNATIONAL ONLINE EDUCATION PLATFORM
Built on Magento with heavy customisation and custom coded extensions, OBS is an online education platform for students and colleges that facilitates online learning. The system is made up of account management, course purchasing, online interactive course material, online assessments, detailed reporting, and full site administration.
This project was conceived from the ground up and followed a process which included a detailed functional specification, UX design, UI, full bespoke development, focus group testing, delivery of go-live strategy and ongoing development support.
MIVIS - THE REAL TIME VEHICLE DELIVERY APP
MiVIS is a unique app for Android and iPhone providing a multitude of functions to make the vehicle inspection process digital.CORE FUNCTIONALITY:
- Geo-location shows real time drivers in transit on a map
- Damage capture and automated reports
- Vehicle Imaging
- Electronic Signature Capture
- Built in notifications straight to the device
- Paperless handover
- Data syncing to the cloud for field to office comms
A GAMEIFICATION MOBILE APPLICATION
Expanding on the vegan societies current newsletter program for new joiners wishing to try the vegan diet and lifestyle, we developed an interactive application for a 30 day vegan challenge program. Full of recipes, tips , useful information and interesting facts, the app adds gamification to the users 30 Day vegan challenge through timed release of content as the user progresses, encouraging engagement and user persistence.
We built this mobile app using hybrid technologies to allow for cost effective support on both IOS and Android devices. Using the IONIC Framework and a PHP Laravel Backend system the Vegan team can easily control the apps content via a CMS, allowing for future proofing, new content and user reporting and push notifications.
BESPOKE WORDPRESS SITE WITH INTEGRATED VENUE PORTAL
We designed and developed a responsive marketing website for Visit England that presents tourist incentive initiatives and programs in England to creative businesses overseas. The website is a portal of venues and activities in the country that can be used to plan business conferences and team building.
Strong in imagery and simple in its message, the site then leads users into a back end portal to provide searching of venues and UK hosting opportunities.
THE EVENT BUSINESS
A series of bespoke event registration websites.
Partnering with The Event Business, we developed a series of event registration websites for car dealership clients including Land Rover and Jaguar. These websites allowed visitors to register and book places on training days, corporate events, and experiential driving days. Visitors could specify their accommodation options, dietary requirements, and specific event options on booking, all of which were made available both on an online Administration Panel and downloadable CSV file.
Often working on very tight deadlines with specific design requirements to follow, our process of working closely and trusting in each other to deliver on time was vital to the years of successful projects undertaken and developed together.